2.0
Style and Design

I bought plantation shutters from Blinds to Go recently. The saleslady, who I would soon learn was also the store manager, asked me whether I wanted a "center bar," although she told me she did not recommend it.

I was thinking that "center bar" meant those vertical handles that you use to open and close interior shutters, and so I told her that I did want the center bar. The bill was $900 for two windows. When the shutters were installed, I then learned the "center bar" is actually a fixed, horizontal bar that separates the top half from the bottom half of the shutters, which would potentially be great if you have long windows, but mine are extremely short with only three slats above and below the "center bar." I called to complain and ask for assistance. The store manager insisted she showed me the center bar when I was at the store ordering.

She did not -- or else I would not have ordered it. She offered me 40% off a new order. She said there was no regional manager, she had no boss, and the only person I could go to above her was someone reachable by calling the national customer service number. The national customer service representative offered me 50% off of a reorder.

Not acceptable. I had been wanting plantation shutters for years and am extremely upset with how these look. I think it was their mistake and they should fix it. They will not.

Bottom line is I will never use this company again.

Their customer service is terrible. Save yourself the trouble and find a better company.

Review about: Blinds To Go Shutter Blinds.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments